Income Tax Registration
Documents Needed for filing Income Tax Return
31st July is the last day for filing your Income Tax Returns in a given financial year. It takes some preparation to file income tax returns. This is the reason why the Government gives you four months window period to accumulate all documents like salary/income details, bank statements, previous tax statements, etc.
The method differs as per the income earned per year and source of income like salary, business profit, investment profit and so on. Collecting all your documents ready is only one feature of it.
The documents needed for filing Income Tax Returns in India are the following:
- Selecting the applicable ITR Form for the tax payer.
- Linking Aadhar with Pan
- Salaried Employees have to submit Form 16 issued by the employer and month wise salary slips.
- Documents related to interest income.
- Form 26AS which gives the details of taxes deducted and taxes paid by you, provided by the income tax department.
- Section 80 Investments (PPF, LIC, NSC, ELSS, ULIPS, etc).
- Documents needed to claim the following expenses as deductions
- Other investment documents such as interest paid on housing loan, education loan interest payments, stock trading statement, etc.
- Your contribution to Provident Fund
- Your children’s school tuition fees
- Life insurance premium payment
- Stamp-duty and registration charges
- Principal repayment on your home loan